| ||Name||Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Formerly a convent belonging to the Congregation of the Oratory, the Palace of Necessidades (Palácio das Necessidades, in Portuguese), located in the Largo do Rilvas, a public square in Lisbon, Portugal, was built in the eighteenth century, by order of King João V, in gratitude for prayers answered by Our Lady of Needs, whose first devotional chapel stood on this site.|
The palace became ...
|he Queluz National Palace (Portuguese: Palácio Nacional de Queluz) is a Portuguese 18th-century palace located at Queluz, a freguesia of the modern-day Sintra Municipality, in the Lisbon District.|
One of the last great Rococo buildings to be designed in Europe, the palace was conceived as a summer retreat for Dom Pedro of Braganza, later to become husband and then king consort to his own...
|The Raio Palace, (in portuguese: Palácio do Raio), is a palace in Braga, Portugal. Constructed in 1754 according to a project from the architect André Soares, who introduced in Braga the new Baroque tendency. ||05/18/2010||498|
|The Belém National Palace (Portuguese: Palácio Nacional de Belém) is the official residence of the President of Portugal. |
It is located in the Lisbon neighbourhood of Belém, close to the Tagus river and near many touristic and cultural attractions.
This Palace was one of the many that the nobility built on the outskirts of Lisbon in the 17th and 18th centuries; it was later conv...
|Guimarães Castle (portuguese: Castelo de Guimarães), located in the city of Guimarães, Portugal, was ordered to be built by Dona Mumadona Dias in the 10th century in order to defend its monastery from Muslim and Norman attacks.|
Count Dom Henrique (to whom the County of Portugal had been granted) chose Guimarães to establish his court.
The fortress, then over a century old. The no...
|The Brejoeira Palace, in Portuguese Palácio da Brejoeira. It is a palace in Monção, Portugal.|
Tha Palace was constructed in the 18th century according to a project from the architect Carlos Amarante.
|The Montemor-o-Velho Castle is a Portuguese castle in Montemor-o-Velho, Coimbra. It has been listed as a National monument since 1910, but it is older than Portugal's nationality (1139). ||05/11/2010||454|
|Quinta da Regaleira is an estate located near the historic center of Sintra, Portugal. It is classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.|
It consists of a romantic palace and chapel, and a luxurious park featuring lakes, grottoes, wells, benches, fountains, and a vast array of exquisite constructions.
The palace is also known as "Palace of Monteiro the Millionaire", fro...
|The Evoramonte Castle (formerly also spelled "Évora Monte" or "Évoramonte") is a Portuguese castle in Evoramonte, Estremoz, Évora district. It has been listed as a National monument since 1910.|
The castle was initiated in 1160 and enlarged in later centuries. It was the site of the signing of the "Concession of Évora Monte" (or the "Convention o...
|Santa Cruz da Barra - Historical Fortress |
Located at the entrance of Guanabara Bay, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
|The Nehaj fortress, the symbol of Senj, was built in 1558. Under the supervision of the captain and the general of the Croatian military area Ivan Lenković and the captain Herbart the 8th. It is built of the material of the ruined churches, monasteries and houses which were situated out of the city walls....||02/21/2010||679|
|5,000 french castles and manoirs (17th-18th centuries). Now, I reupload much more, including hotels particuliers in three cities of France. Enjoy !
|Frydendal Castle is as small castle dating back to 1669 and expanded in the years 1722-23. It has been undere restauration several times since then. |
Todays owner is Haldor Topsøe, founder and owner of the company Haldor Topsøe A/S.
1957 Frydenlund Castle was bought by Danish-American musician and comedian Victor Borge. He used it as summer residence whe he and his...
|The place name is a reference to Helsbury Castle, an Iron Age hillfort comprising a single bank and external ditch enclosing an area about 140 metres in diameter. In places the inner face of the bank is visible and this shows that the rampart was built of dry stone walling. An annexe provides an additional enclosed area on the north-east – this may have been to provide defensive outworks to the...||12/12/2009||314|
|he ruins are of a rare Cornish moated manor house built in the 13th Century. It fell into ruin by the mid 14th Century and lay undiscovered until the 1960s when the land was being cleared for conifer forestry.||12/05/2009||716|
|The castle is a Norman motte and bailey earthwork castle raised by Robert, Count of Mortain, half-brother of William the Conqueror shortly after the Norman conquest, possibly as early as 1067. It became the administrative headquarters for the great Earls of Cornwall where they could control the vast estates that they owned throughout the area. The castle remained with little development, apart ...||12/05/2009||554|
|The mediæval castle at Kilkhampton is situated to the west of the modern day village and stands on top of an elongated knoll of land with steep sided valleys falling away to the north and south and extensive views over the surrounding countryside. Castles were introduced to Britain by the Normans and represent the seats of important landowners within a mediæval feudal hierarchy. Most Cornish ca...||12/05/2009||329|
|Knin Fortress (Croatian: Kninska tvrđava, Tvrđava Knin) is a one of the biggest and one of the most significant fortresses located above Knin, a historical town in the Šibenik-Knin county in the Dalmatian hinterland, Croatia.|
It is situated on the main transport corridor leading from Dalmatia to continental Croatia and Bosnia. The Knin Fortress lies on top of the steep ...
|The Fortress Brod (Festung Brod in German language) is a remarkable monument of the Baroque architecture of the 18th century. In the European history of Baroque fortifications it played significant role as part of the system of fortified towns on the frontier towards Turkish Empire. Prince Eugene of Savoy designed it at the beginning of the 18th century. Although uniform in architecture the For...||11/23/2009||510|
|Toruń Fortress (Festung Thorn), built from 1872–1894 by the Kingdom of Prussia and located in Toruń (now Poland), is one of the largest fortresses in Central and Eastern Europe. The fortress complex – a chain of forts surrounding the city, as well as numerous smaller fortifications supplementing it – was intended to defend the eastern border of Prussia (with the Russian Empire). Despi...||11/19/2009||764|
|Hatfield House is a country house set in a large park, the Great Park, on the eastern side of the town of Hatfield, Hertfordshire, England. The present Jacobean house was built in 1611 by Robert Cecil, First Earl of Salisbury and Chief Minister to King James I and has been the home of the Cecil family ever since. It is currently the home of Robert Gascoyne-Cecil, 7th Marquess of Salisbury. The ...||10/15/2009||440|
|(Castelo de Paderne) is in Algarve, Portugal. |
This hill fort was built by the Moors in the second half of the 12th Century.
Its is eight kilometers (five miles) from the Algarve resort of Albufeira, on a River Quarteira bend close to the village and civil parish of Paderne. It is 7.5 km (4.7 miles) north from the coast.
The castle is one of seven ...
|is a Portuguese castle in Ourém, Santarém. It has been listed as a National monument since 1910.||09/22/2009||409|
|is a Portuguese castle in Montemor-o-Velho, Coimbra. It has been listed as a National monument since 1910, but it is older than Portugal's nationality (1139).||09/22/2009||415|
|is a Portuguese National monument built in the 13th century in Elvas, Portalegre.||09/22/2009||410|