| ||Name||Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|63 famous castles in austria - 63 Burgen und Schlösser in Österreich||02/15/2008||1,961|
|A castle built in the Phoenix desert 1928-1930, surrounded by a saguaro cactus garden. Many Phoenicians refer to it as the "wedding cake castle" because it's tiered like a wedding cake. ||02/01/2008||476|
|Chillingham Castle, Northumberland. dates back to the 13th century and is widely said to be the most haunted place in england. you can actually stay overnight in haunted rooms within the castle.||01/18/2008||657|
|Welcome to Updown Court, the most expensive house in the world. Formerly owned by F1 boss bernie ecclestone. the property was valued at £77million some years ago.||01/12/2008||6,644|
|Sulgrave Manor near banbury,home of George Washingtons ancestors||11/01/2007||617|
|La Fortaleza, (The Fortress) is the current official residence of the Governor of Puerto Rico. It was built between 1533 and 1540 to defend the harbor of San Juan. The structure is also known as Palacio de Santa Catalina (Santa Catalina Palace). It is the oldest executive mansion in the New World. It was listed by UNESCO in 1983 as a World Heritage Site.|
During the 1640 reconstru...
|The castle was built from 1697. The garden was built 1752. The garden have french and english elements and is one of the biggest ones in Europe. A special feature is the turkish garden with a real mosque from the 18. century. In the gearden you find several roman style temples (minerva, merkur, apollo).||06/26/2007||631|
|The city of Weinheim Germany has two castles. The first is castle Windeck on the left side. It was built in 1130 and today its a ruins. The castle was destroyed by french troops in 1674.|
On the right side you can see castle Wachenburg. It was built between 1907 and 1928 by the "Weinheimer Seniorenconvent". This is a student organisation to combine several fraternities. Every year at Asce...
|1974 Prince Henrik and Queen Margrethe II of Denmark bought this winery castle at Cahors in France.|
Every summer the royal family have their summer holidays here.
If you are lucky you can even see the Queen when she is going shopping at the nearby villages.
The chateau has been restored often since 1974. To the chateau there is a souvenir shop and sale of th...
|This is the ruin of Castle Pfarrköpfchen.|
Erected in ca. 1200 to replace the destroyed Stromburg this castle was lost until the 1980s, when excavation layed open the rests of the walls.
Remarkable is also the chapel of the castle plant. It had been established in Roman architectural style and had a mosaic from that 12. Century in the center of the building at the s...
|Mannheim palace was built between 1720 and 1760. It was the residence between 1720 and 1777 of the princes from the "Kurpfalz". The palace is the second biggest one built in baroc style after Versailles in Europe.||04/20/2007||361|
|Besançon lies just to the north-west of the Jura Mountains in the Doubs valley. Much of the old city is bordered by the river Doubs, which forms a large loop here. Besançon was practically an island, but for a narrow, high hill to the south. On this hill is situated the citadel. ||04/03/2007||325|
|Upnor Castle is an Elizabethan artillery fort located in the village of Upnor, Kent, England. Its purpose was to defend ships moored "in ordinary" on the River Medway outside Chatham dockyards. |
The property is owned by English Heritage and managed by Medway Council.
|Described as the "Key to England" Dover Castle defended the shortest sea crossing between England and the continent for almost one thousand years.||03/27/2007||492|
|The Mainz Citadel bear witness to the entire history of Mainz concentrated in one spot: From a Roman cenotaph via the barracks of the German Confederation and World War I up to the air raid shelters of World War II.||03/27/2007||475|
|Walmer Castle was built as an artillery fortress by King Henry VIII in 1539-1540. Today the castle is owned by English Heritage and is open to the public.||03/26/2007||512|
|pilberk Castle (derived from the German: Spielberg) is an old castle on the hilltop in Brno, Southern Moravia. |
From a major royal castle - established around the mid-13th century - and the seat of the Moravian margraves in the mid-14th century, it gradually turned into a huge baroque fortress, the heaviest prison in the Austro-Hungarian empire and then the barracks.
|The Citadel of Arras was built between 1667 and 1672 on the order of King Louis XIV following plans drawn by Vauban. It is a property of the French Army.|
|After the death if King Christian IX in 1906 the two sisters Queen Alexandra of England and Zarina Dagmar (Maria Feodorowna) bought Hvidore north of Copenhagen as their danish residence. They restored it and a tunnel was made to the beach. Maria loved to seek amber at the beach.|
Both sisters lived at Hvidore every year from september to november. 1914 when WW I began Maria stayed...
|Hammershus is a massive medieval fortress ruin on the island of Bornholm. At one time Northern Europe's largest fortress the ruins are among the most significant tourist attractions on Bornholm.|
|Sorgenfri Castle has been a Royal residence since 1730. It is at the disposal of Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II.||03/14/2007||472|
|Mehrangarh Fort, located in Jodhpur city in Rajasthan state is one of the largest forts and a famous tourist place in India. The fort is situated on a lofty height, 400 feet above the city, and is enclosed by imposing thick walls. Inside its territorial boundaries, there are several palaces, which are known for their intricate carvings and sprawling courtyards. ||03/13/2007||416|
|Sønderborg Castle is a Baroque four-wing palace and home of the Sønderborg Castle Museum. The castle is renowned for being the prison of the former King Christian II, who after his dethronement was held prisoner of state here for 17 years.||03/12/2007||562|
|The Marselisborg Palace was constructed 1899-1902. It is used by the Danish Royal family as a summer recidence.||03/12/2007||474|
|Aalborghus Castle at the Limfjord was built by King Christian III from 1539 to 1555. It is used by the State County of Northern Jutland.||03/11/2007||343|