Gate guards, museum planes, etc.|
| ||Name||Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|2360 (cn 516921056) |
This aircraft is on the roof of a gasoline station in Gilching near Munich. It was a former NVA fighter and preserved here since 1997.
|A pretty large plane at the Hamburg Airport, labeled "HAMBURG AIRport".||10/24/2007||361|
|no, not really. it just looks that way. its on a pole 20ft high at a McDonalds on the edge of Parafield airport. But it looks good!!||10/17/2007||667|
|Not really a gate-guard, but on display behind the fence on the west side of the navy airbase alongside a road, together with a Dakota and an Alizé. ||10/15/2007||375|
|Red number: 6253 |
The first prototype Su-17, redesigned from Su-7B, flew on August 2, 1966. Entered production in 1970. The Su-17 was a large step in the development of the Su-7 to a more useful attack aircraft. The most important change was the introduction of swivelling outer wing panels, improving take-off and landing performance, and thus allowing a larger we...
|4179 / 61-3083 (cn 583D-5754)|
Preserved at Li Jia Martyr's Shrine.
|57-1333 (cn 483-5045)|
Lockheed F-104D Starfighter mounted on the side of the Aviation Hall at the Museum of Science and Industry in Los Angeles.
|The Convair B-36 was a strategic bomber built by Convair for the United States Air Force, the first operational bomber to truly have intercontinental range. Unofficially nicknamed the “Peacemaker,” the B-36 was the first thermonuclear weapon delivery vehicle. It was the largest piston engined aircraft ever to be mass-produced. The B-36 was also the largest combat aircraft ever built, althoug...||10/13/2007||1,136|
|North American T6 in downtown of Erechim RS Brazil, donated to city in 1970's.||10/06/2007||498|
|Charleroi-reconverted in coktail bar||10/05/2007||416|
|This DC-3 was sold by VARIG in 1970 to a furniture company without motors and landing gear. Now days is a dance house propaganda in Garibaldi RS Brazil.||10/03/2007||377|
|Yellow number: 6256|
On road E77 between Zaborow and Bialobrzegi is a Su-20 preserved at Petrochemia Plock petrol station.
|The Lisunov Li-2, originally designated PS-84 (NATO reporting name Cab), was a license-built version of the Douglas DC-3, produced by the GAZ-84 works near Moscow, and subsequently at GAZ-34 in Tashkent. The project was directed by aeronautical engineer Boris Pavlovich Lisunov. An original Li-2 can be identified by the 4-bladed ASh-62IR propellers, although many later Li-2's appear with three-b...||10/02/2007||740|
|Red Number: 10|
It's preserved near the Klub Garnizonowy (garrison club) in top condition.
|This Ilyushin was place here on response of the village of Caemmerswalde. It's painted in the colors of the GDR airline Interflug. ||10/01/2007||561|
|There is standing a white helicopter in front of the building. It's painted in the colors of the service, white with blue letters.||10/01/2007||386|
|This airplane was placed here after the end of the German Democratic Republic. ||10/01/2007||422|
|This former Interflug airplane came here, after the Aeropark in Diepensee was closed. |
The DDR-STB was the second in service with Interflug.
|The Alouette II is a light helicopter originally manufactured by Sud Aviation and later Aérospatiale of France. The Alouette II was the first production helicopter to use a gas turbine instead of a conventional heavier piston engine. |
It was mostly used for military purposes in observation, photography, air/sea rescue, liaison and training but it has also carried anti-tank missil...
|Ex 3951 Polish Air Force ||10/01/2007||352|
|This is XJ580, seen here at its new home - the Tangmere Military Aviation Museum. She had previously been on display in Christchurch where she stood as a memorial to the aviation industry in the area, having been restored to superb condition by the Sea Vixen Society. Unfortunately she was then rather neglected. Being outside and at the mercy of both the weather and vandalism had left her with a...||09/19/2007||385|
|Starting off with a Mk. 1 Victor, we have XH648 at Duxford. One obvious difference between this Victor and all the other preserved examples is the colour scheme and the lack of the large fairings on the wings (these being on Mk. 2s only). It's also lacking the big fuel tanks fitted to many Mk. 2 examples. XH648 was in the fourth batch of B.1s produced (later converted to B.1A then K.1A), served...||09/19/2007||375|
|Unlike certain other governments, the South Africans know a bit of history when they see it and have preserved all the Buccaneers that were left when they were finally retired! Above is 412, mounted on a plinth outside the living quarters at the Waterkloof base that was home to the Buccaneers of 24 squadron. Initially 412 was mounted with gear down, banked to one side and in a nose-down attitud...||09/19/2007||435|
|RAF Marham was the last home of the Victor force, and when they sadly left service in 1993 one was earmarked for preservation at the station. XH673 now graces the area outside the SHQ, so you need to be inside the station to get a picture (or high above it!). She was repainted in 1999 and has the cockpit glass covered with black panels to protect the cockpit interior - the perspex was apparentl...||09/19/2007||515|
|With the prototype first flying in 1947, and the Mark VI in 1954, the Mark VI was powered by an Orenda 14 Turbojet of 3300kg, providing a top speed of 1142 kmh at sea level.The first CL13B Sabre was delivered in 1956 and assembled at No 1 Air Depot. A total of 34 CL13B's were supplied to the SAAF. |
In Korea, the SAAF No 2 Squadron, the Flying Cheetahs, operated American manufactu...