| ||Name||Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Boulton Paul Aircraft Ltd was a British aircraft manufacturer that was incorporated in 1934, although its origins in aircraft manufacturing began earlier in 1914, and lasted until 1961. The company mainly built and modified aircraft under contract to other manufacturers, but had a few notable designs of its own, such as the Boulton Paul Defiant.|
|Morris Motors Limited was a British motor vehicle manufacturer formed in 1919 to take over the assets of WRM Motors Ltd., which had been put into voluntary liquidation. Though merged[note 1] into larger organisations, the Morris name remained in use until 1984 when British Leyland's Austin Rover Group decided to concentrate on the more popular Austin brand. The trademark is currently owned by t...||09/09/2014||125|
|Royal Air Force Croughton or more simply RAF Croughton is a Royal Air Force station which is currently a United States Air Force communications station in Northamptonshire, England. It is southeast of the village of Croughton. The station is home to the 422nd Air Base Group and operates one of Europe's largest military switchboards and processes approximately a third of all U.S. military commun...||09/09/2014||127|
|RAF Chipping Norton was a World War II Royal Air Force station near Chipping Norton in Oxfordshire. It was operational from 10 July 1940 to 1945 and returned to agricultural use when disposed of in 1950.|
|RAF Perton is a former Royal Air Force Relief Landing Ground (RLG) located 3.2 miles (5.1 km) north west of Wolverhampton, West Midlands and 10.2 miles (16.4 km) north east of Bridgnorth, Shropshire, England.|
It was open between 1941 and 1945.
|Originally established in 1935 as London Oxford Airport or Kidlington Airport, but used between 1940 to 1945 as WW2 airfield. After the war it again became a local airport.||09/09/2014||131|
|RAF Broadwell is a former Royal Air Force station located 2 miles north of Broadwell and 3 miles southeast of Burford, Oxfordshire, within 2 miles of RAF Brize Norton.|
It opened on 15 November 1943 and closed on 31 March 1947, operating under RAF Transport Command. It consisted of 3 concrete runways in triangular configuration.
|RAF Akeman Street is a former Royal Air Force station located north east of Minster Lovell, Oxfordshire. It was named after the Roman road which crosses the airfield.|
The airfield was a Relief Landing Ground (RLG) for RAF Brize Norton, with building starting in 1939 and opening on 10 July 1940. Active flying stopped on 15 August 1945, and the site was closed on 1 February 1947.
|RAF Snitterfield is a former Royal Air Force station located west of Snitterfield, Warwickshire, England, 3.3 miles (5.3 km) north of Stratford-upon-Avon and 4.6 miles (7.4 km) south-east of Henley-in-Arden, Warwickshire.|
Snitterfield was operational during the Second World War, the airfield was a class A airfield and had around 30 aircraft dispersals. The airfield was finished a...
|RAF Worcester was an Royal Air Force relief landing ground (RLG) which was located 1.7 miles (2.7 km) north east of Worcester city centre, Worcestershire, England and 4.4 miles (7.1 km) south west of Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire.|
|From 1917 to 1926 Gloster made there planes here. 1926 they moved to Brockworth.|
The Gloster Aircraft Company was a British aircraft manufacturer from 1917 to 1963.
|The Gloster Aircraft Company was a British aircraft manufacturer from 1917 to 1963. From 1926 to 1963 Gloster produced their planes here at Brockworth Aerodrome.|
Founded as The Gloucestershire Aircraft Company Limited during the First World War, with the aircraft construction activities of H H Martyn & Co Ltd of Cheltenham it produced fighters during the war. It was renamed a...
|RAF Windrush was a Royal Air Force station near Windrush, Gloucestershire. It was opened in 1940 and closed on 12 July 1945. Initially it was a Relief Landing Ground for RAF Chipping Norton, later coming under the control of RAF Little Rissington.|
|RAF Bibury is a former Royal Air Force station located north east of Cirencester, Gloucestershire, England.|
|RAF Melksham was better known as No 12 School of Technical Training from 1940 to 1965 but also housed No 10 School of Recruit Training and is not so well known as many of the other SoRTís but it averaged 100 a week of mainly National servicemen until its final intake arrived in June 1953 and passed out on the 17th August and the SoRT unit closed a week later.|
|RAF Castle Combe was a Second World War Royal Air Force station situated half a mile southeast of Castle Combe in Wiltshire, England.|
Today it house Castle Combe Circuit.
|RAF Babdown Farm is a former Royal Air Force relief landing ground located 2.9 miles (4.7 km) west of Tetbury, Gloucestershire, and 7.1 miles (11.4 km) south of Stroud, Gloucestershire, England. It was open between 1940 and 1948 as a relief landing ground used by training units before being used by maintenance units for storage. Part of the site has since been converted into an industrial estat...||09/08/2014||84|
|RAF Pengam Moors (also known as RAF Cardiff) was a Royal Air Force station and maintenance unit (MU), located on the Pengam Moors area of Tremorfa, 2 miles south east of Cardiff city centre in Wales from June 1938 to January 1946.|
Prior to RAF service the site served as a private aerodrome later called Cardiff Municipal Airport. After World War II the airfield reverted to private...
|Castle Bromwich Aerodrome was an early airfield, situated to the north of Castle Bromwich in the West Midlands of England. The site now falls within the City of Birmingham.|
This was a shadow factory for Spitfires and Landcaster bombers.
|Royal Air Force station Inverness or RAF Inverness is a former Royal Air Force station located by the Moray Firth in Highland, Scotland. It was also known as RAF Longman.|
|Royal Air Force station Drem or RAF Drem is a former Royal Air Force station, just north of the village of Drem in East Lothian, Scotland. The motto of the station was Exiit Hinc Lumen which means "Ascend from this Light".|
|RAF Macmerry is a former Royal Air Force station located 4.5 miles (7.2 km) west of Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland and 11.4 miles (18.3 km) east of Edinburgh, Inverness-shire.|
It has also been called RNAS Macmerry (when used by the Royal Navy) and un-officially RAF Tranent and RAF Penston during its life.
|RAF Woolsington opened as a civil airport in July 1935 and was requisitioned by the Royal Air Force on the outbreak of World War II. It served at various times as a satellite of both RAF Acklington and RAF Ouston but saw little operational flying. |
Today it's Newcastle Airport.
|Royal Air Force Station Silverstone or more simply RAF Silverstone is a former Royal Air Force (RAF) station, the site is now used as Silverstone Circuit. It straddles the Northamptonshire and Buckinghamshire border and is named after the nearby village of Silverstone. It is 10 miles (16 km) south west of Northampton, 11.1 miles (17.9 km) west of Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire and 13.9 miles (2...||09/08/2014||116|
|Brooklands was a 2.75-mile (4.43 km) motor racing circuit and aerodrome built near Weybridge in Surrey, England, United Kingdom. It opened in 1907, and was the world's first purpose-built motorsport venue, as well as one of Britain's first airfields, which also became Britain's largest aircraft manufacturing centre by 1918. The circuit hosted its last race in 1939, and today part of it forms...||09/08/2014||215|