Description: Military fortress of XIIe century, located on a rock piton dominating the village of Barroux. It is an exceptional point of view on all the plain of Comtat, laces of Montmirail and the Ventoux mount. The castle was transformed with the Rebirth (XVIe century) into a splendid residence. Given up at the XVIIIe century, it fell in ruin at the time of its repurchase, in 1929, by Mr. Vayson de Pradenne, which undertook the rebuilding of it. Set on fire by the German troops of occupation, it was restored in the Sixties. Currently, always belonging to the family Vayson de Pradennes, it is managed by an Association.