Description: Located at 28 km far from Paris in the Hurepoix county, the house overlooks the Salmouille river. This historical estate is opened to visits.
The house, the seven yards and the park frame a near perfect square. The estate was started in 1612 by François Dupoux, one the king’s lawyers. At the end of the 18th century, the estate was bought by Mrs Charron , a general counselor ‘s widow. She transformed the interior decoration of the house , which can be still be admired today. From this day, the entire estate remained a private property.
The main part of the house , built in light sandstone opens onto an honnor yard , a front- yard and an endless vista lined by centenary lime trees The estate also comprises beautiful outbuildings surrounding another yard beside the honor yard and to the splendid dovecote.
The house is occupied all year around. The estate, the house, the dovecote, the kitchen garden and the park are living witnesses of 17th century life style.