Description: The Seigniory of Sceaux appears for the first time in the historical documents at the XVth century. The Potier family of Gesvres build a castle in 1597. Jean-Baptiste Colbert buys the field in 1670 and increases it considerably. Then, with the major artists of the time, André Ours, the Claude brothers and Charles Perrault, Antoine Lepautre, Charles Le Brun, François Girardon and Antoine Coysevox The castle was transformed into a residence vaster and worthy for the Minister for the king Louis XIV. The marquis de Seignelay, wire of Colbert and Minister for the navy, inherit Sceaux in 1683. Under the Consulate, the castle is destroyed whereas the house of the Dawn, the Orangery, the Stables, the house of the intendance, the farm, the houses and the guérites of entries are preserved. The park is transformed into ground of culture. The duke of Trévise, wire of the Maréchal Mortier, who married Miss Lecomte, inherits the field and restores the park, the Orangery and the house of the Dawn; in 1856, under his command the architects Quantinet and Soufaché built the new castle which one sees today.