Description: Airport owned by the University of Oklahoma (OU). Located in Norman, Oklahoma.
Previously known as the Norman Naval Air Station, it was established by OU as a civilian pilot operation. In 1942 the Department of Defense began using the 270 acre airfield, eventually increasing the airport size to 1650 acres. During World War 2 it was used as a boot camp and primary flight training base. In operation until 1946, it was assigned aircrafts such as the:
N2S Stearman (http://aeroweb.brooklyn.cuny.edu/specs/stearman/n2s-5.htm)
Ryan NR Recruit