Description: Mamo Tower is a fortification on the island of Malta. It stands on rising ground above St Thomas Bay on the east shore of Malta. It was built by the Mamo family in 1657, as a fortified residence. In 1940 it was requisitioned by the British Military, and used as a Regional Headquarters. In support of this role, a Pillbox was constructed on the roof. After World War Two it was again a private house until 1987, when the poor condition of the building rendered it unsuitable for habitation. It was subsequently acquired by the Din l-Art Helwa Historical Trust who have made substantial repairs to the building.