Description: The planning of a U-boat bunker in Bergen started already in late 1940 by Organization Todt, who also made a special group called "Einzatzgruppe wiking". They were set to coordinate the building of the U-boat bunker, as well as other bunkers along the coast. The construction of bunker "Bruno" started one year later. The bunker had 7 pens, including 3 dry-docks and 3 "wet-docks". The 7th was used as storage for fuel, oil, torpedoes and such.
Today the bunker is being used as storeage for the Norwegian navy, and some private workshops. A wooden roof has been added to give the bunker a more friendly look. Most of the surrounding barracks are gone, but a lot of buildings from the Werft Gemeischaftslager 2 are still there. The surrounding area also has a strange kind of architecture. Due to heavy bombing, many new houses are mixed up with the pre-war buildings. This area was probably the most devastated area in southern Norway after the war.