Description: Spanish military fortress, built between 1747 and 1774, bastion of defense of the port of Callao from the pirate and corsairs. It was the last defense wall during the independence of Peru. Designed by Luis GodÝn according to the plans of the Vaudan School that dominated the military art of the time. It possesses 70 thousand square meters of area, has pentagonal shape, 5 ramparts, walls, cord, railing, embankments and escapes. It possessed 188 canyons of brass and 124 of iron. At the moment part of this fortress constitutes a Military Historical Museum.