Description: Stutthof (Sztutowo) was the first concentration camp built by the Nazi Germany regime outside of Germany. Built on September 2, 1939, it was located in a secluded, wet, and wooded area west of the small town of Stutthof (Sztutowo). The town was located in territory of the Free City of Danzig, 34 km east of the city of Danzig (Gdańsk). It was also the last camp liberated by the Allies, on May 9, 1945. More than 85,000 died in the camp out of as many as 110,000 people deported there.