Description: Tˇrshavner Cathedral (in Faroese: Havnar Kirkja, or Dˇmkirkjan) is the second oldest received church of the Faroe Islands, on Tinganes in the old town of Tˇrshavn. Painted white, and roofed with slate, it was established in 1788. The cathedral church lies in the north of the peninsula Tinganes and is one of the main attractions of the city. Like most churches of the country it belongs to the Evangelical-Lutheran national church of the Faroe Islands. Since 1990 it has been the seat of the bishop of the Faroes and is therefore known as a cathedral.