Description: XVth, XVIth, XVIIth castle. The castle is formed by several main buildings connected with round towers and a big keep, the whole is crowned with machicolation and with covered patrol ways.
On January 8th, 1358, the castle was taken by the English. Afterward, it became the headquarters of the catholic strengths steered by the "captain Puymartin", Raymond de Saint-Clar, facing the Protestants of Sarlat whom they attacked in 1534.
This ancient noble den had average justice in the village of Saint-Cyprien, and, from 1760, high justice in several villages of the parishes of Mareuil and Saint AndrÚ.
Inside, we shall notice especially the decoration and the high quality furniture, the grand-room with its French-style ceilings, its beautiful wooden fireplaces of the XVIIth with painted panels and the generously decorated panellings.
To note also, a small office completely decorated by 1670 with mythological subjects executed in the tempera, which could be Philippe Lemaire's work.