Description: This heavy anti-aircraft battery is situated in a field just above the beach, on the E side of the B842 public road, N of Campbeltown. Four brick and concrete gun-emplacements, a command position survive with one other building stepped up the bank towards the road.
No records have yet been found describing any armament for this Battery, it is possible that it was built as late as the 1950s.
This battery was built between 1940-41 by the Pioneer Corps who were also involved in the construction of Machrihanish Airfield. The battery was never armed.