Description: STRATEGIC OPERATIONS (Eighth Air Force): 3 missions are flown.
Mission 935: 1,252 bombers and 846 fighters are dispatched to visually
attack underground oil storage, an ammunition plant and 10 jet airfields;
they claim 85-1-60 Luftwaffe aircraft; 7 bombers and 5 fighters are lost:
1. 333 B-17s are sent to hit a munitons plant at Wolfratshausen (76) and
Oberpfaffenhofen (107) and Furstenfeldbruck (139) Airfields; 2 B-17s are
damaged beyond repair and 12 damaged; 1 airman is WIA. Escorting are 137 of
146 P-51s; they claim 4-0-10 aircraft on the ground.
2. 289 B-17s are sent to attack an oil depot (89) and airfield (66) at
Neuburg and Schleissheim Airfield (128); 3 B-17s are lost and 42 damaged; 2
airmen are KIA, 5 WIA and 56 MIA. The escort is 193 of 203 P-51s; they claim
1-0-3 aircraft in the air and 70-0-37 on the ground; 3 P-51s are lost (pilots
3. 228 B-17s are dispatched to hit Riem Airfield at Munich (212); 10 others
hit the secondary, the marshalling yard at Ingolstadt; 3 B-17sa re lost. 149
of 151 P-51s escort; they claim 6-0-4 aircraft on the ground; 1 P-51 is lost
4. 402 B-24s are sent to hit airfields at Lechfeld (109), Memmingen (96),
Leipheim (88) and Landsberg (62) and Landsberg E landing ground (33); 1 B-24
is lost, 1 damaged beyond repair and 7 damaged; 2 airmen are KIA, 1 WIA and 9
MIA. 193 of 205 P-51s escort claiming 4-0-5 aircraft on the ground.
5. 58 P-47s fly a freelance mission in support of the bombers.
6. 58 P-51s escort 32 F-5s on photo reconnaissance missions over Germany.
7. 24 of 25 P-51s fly scouting missions; 1 is lost (pilot MIA).
Comments: You need to register or log-in to be able to leave comments about this file.
This file has not yet been rated.
Sorry, but you must be logged in to rate this file so we can tell which files you've already voted on, which will help prevent cheating. Click here to log-in, or you can click here to register. (Registration is free)