Description: Fort Jutphaas was part of the New Holland Water Line. In the Second World War, it was a major sending and receiving station of the Deutsche Kriegsmarine, especially the submarines.
A long retractable antenna mast was used. The station played a major role in the coordination of the German submarines and Admiral Karl Dönitz was regularly here.
In 1943, the fort was abandoned because the allies found out about the important radio-station. Before departure the Germans put a large concrete block on the radiotransmitter. Until today, it is still covered.
The fort was bombed by the Allies, but this gave little damage and it was repaired after the war.
There are also some concrete blocks of a Dutch tank barrier.