Description: The Reich Ministry for Public Enlightenment and Propaganda (German: Reichsministerium für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda or Propagandaministerium) was Nazi Germany's ministry that enforced Nazi Party ideology in Germany and regulated its culture and society. Founded on March 13, 1933, by Adolf Hitler's new National Socialist government, the Ministry was headed by Dr. Joseph Goebbels and was responsible for controlling the press and culture of Nazi Germany.
The Ministry was based in the Ordenspalais in Berlin-Mitte on the Wilhelmplatz across from the Reich Chancellery.
The buildings were bombed 1945 and the main building, the Ordenspalais, was destroyed. The rest of the buildings could be restored.
1947 the GDR organisation National Front housed there, After the German reunification 1989 the German Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs took over.