Description: Fortress "Aniola" (Angel) is built between 1854 and 1858 as component of the Swinoujscie fortress. During the Interbellum, the fortress was modernized with gas tight armoured doors and windows. There was also a radar installation placed on top of the tower for observation.
During the Second World War, "Aniola" was connected with other fortresses and defence works in de area by a narrow gauge railway. In May 1945, the garrison was evacuated without even a single fight.
The fortress today:
Fortress "Aniola" is nowadays a museum. The Viking section contains militaria from the Second World War.
Address:ul. Jachtowa dz. 158, 72-600, Swinoujscie
More information, please visit the website of the museum : http://www.fortaniola.pl/