Description: The Birkrigg stone circle, also known as the Druid's Temple is a Bronze Age stone circle in the English county of Cumbria dating to between 1700 and 1400 BC.
It consists of two rings of stones, the outer measuring 26m and consisting of 15 stones and the inner being 9m wide and consisting of 10 stones. None of the stones is more than 0.6m tall.
Five cremations were found within the central ring, one in an inverted collared urn. One of the stones of carboniferous limestone had been sculpted into a shape resembling a sperm whale's head.