Description: Classic Aircraft Aviation Museumís A-26C (44-35708) was completed at the Tulsa, OK manufacturing facility on May 25, 1945 and flown to a staging area in Salinas, CA in August of that same year. With the end of WWII occurring just one month later in September of 1945, 44-35708 would spend the next two years in storage at various AAF bases in Mississippi, New Mexico and California until being assigned to the 114th Bombardment (Light) Squadron, (Air National Guard) at Mitchell Field, New York in April of 1948. In August of 1950 44-35708 was flown to Floyd Bennett Field, NY and was assigned to the 106th Composite Group (ANG). In March of 1951 44-35708 moved to March Field, CA as part of the 106th Bombardment (Light) Wing of the Strategic Air Command. Two months later 44-35708 was moved to the Warner Robins Air Materiel Area at Robins AFB, GA and in January of 1952 it was moved to the Sacramento Air Materiel Area at McClellan AFB, CA. In March of 1952 44-35708 was dropped from the US inventory by transfer to the Military Assistance Plan.