Description: Sovetskaya Ukraina (Russian: Советская Украина ("Soviet Ukraine")) was laid down 31 October 1938 at Shipyard Nr. 198 (Marti South) in Nikolayev. When the war began she was 17.98% complete with 13,001 tonnes (12,796 LT; 14,331 ST) assembled on the slipway. Some effort was made to launching the hull, but only work had been done to dredge the river at the foot of the slipway and she was captured on 18 August 1941, although retreating Soviet troops slightly damaged her hull. The Germans dismantled 200 feet (61 m) of her bow and 100 feet (30 m) of her stern for use. The Germans were forced to evacuate Nikolaev on 17 March 1944 and demolished the supporting blocks under her port side before they left which gave her a list between 5 and 10 degrees. She was ordered scrapped on 27 March 1947.