Description: Karluv Most, the famous Charles Bridge.
The oldest bridge in Prague, built in the place of Judita's Bridge, badly damaged by a flood in 1342. The Stone or Prague Bridge since 1870 called Charles Bridge, was built by at the behest of Charles IV in the year 1357.
The construction was started by Master Otto and finished by Peter Parler in 1402. Both ends of the bridge are fortified by towers (the Lesser Town Bridge Towers and the Old Town Bridge Tower). From 1683 to 1928 thirty sculptures and sculptural groups of the saints were gradually set on the bridge piers (M. Braun, F. M. Brokof, etc.) The bridge is 515 meters long and 10 meters wide.