|The Grasburg is the biggest preserved ruin in the canton of Berne. It dates from the 11th and 12th centuries and was run by the Dukes of Zšhringen at the time. In the centuries that followed it had several different owners and many of these extended the castle to suit their needs. When the 'Amtshaus' was built in Schwarzenburg towards the end of the 16th century, the Grasburg was abandoned as the seat of the administration and gradually decayed. At the beginning of the 20th century the ruin was bought by the City of Berne and renovated in the period from 1903 to 1907.|
Because of its wonderful situation above the romantic River Sense the Grasburg nowadays is a popular excursion destination.