|3D - Tower of the Castle - Campinas - Brazil|
The "Water Castle", initially thus call, was created to supply the quarters that if formed in the region north. The tower of 27 meters of height was raised in one of the extremities of the geodesic triangulation, strategical point for the urban development of the city of Campinas.
The building was constructed between 1936 and 1940 with capacity for 250 a thousand liters of water and with plumbings of casting iron (mattered of France) and six windows, of where it is possible to have a vision in 360 degrees of the city.
The land chosen for the construction was the square circular of the Chapadão Garden, of where it broke one of the avenues central offices of the new city, the Andrade Neves.
In 1972, the Tower was remodelled to shelter a circular room and new urbanization of the square. In 1991, the building received new alterations for the installation from the Historical Museum of the Sanasa.
Already in 1998, the building and the square had passed for a great restoration to return the characteristics of the beginning of the decade of 1940.
In the year of 2001 the Educative Radio of Campinas was installed inside
Of the high one of the Tower of the Castle, we can know and understand the city in deep way, dive in its diversity and learn with the immense cultural and historical wealth of Campinas.
Inside of the Project "Campinas Knows", the Tower is opened to the public for monitored visits, to Saturdays and sundays.
3D Model by Walter Ribeiro