|The Strait of Messina Bridge|
location: south of Italy, between Sicily island and Calabria
From Official Website : http://www.strettodimessina.it
...For the design of a crossing structure, the Preliminary Project definitively opted for a 3,300-metre long single-span suspension bridge which would have the world's longest central span.
•End of 2006: opening of construction sites after the procedure
for the approval of the final design.
• Six years for the completion of the works and, in 2012,
the opening of the bridge.
• 3,300 metres - length of the central span
• 3,666 metres - the total length
• 60.4 metres - width of the suspended deck
• 382.60 metres - total height of the towers
here... 3D Model, Image Overlay & Link