|In the mid 17th century the Hospitallers continued on this line of building new towers. In fact from 1636 to 1657 Grand Master Lascaris paid for the building of another seven towers. |
These were Lippija Tower in Gnejna Bay, Fra Ben Tower in Qawra, Ghajn Tuffieha Tower in Ghajn Tuffieha, St. Georgeís Bay Tower in St. Georgeís Bay, Nadur Tower in Bingemma, Wied iz-Zurrieq Tower in Zurrieq and Fort St. Agatha in Mellieha.
Apart from the Red Tower all the other were small and consisted of two storeys, a flat roof and a parapet. Sometimes, on the roof a cannon was positioned their.