|The MS Wuerttemberg or also SD Wuerttemberg is a ship museum converted side wheel steamers in Magdeburg. |
The SD Wuerttemberg was built in the Rosslauer dockyard of brothers Sachsenberg 1908/1909. The ship was then on the Elbe for the Neue Deutsch-Boehmi Elbschiffahrt AG Dresden in use.
In World War II it was damaged by a low flier attack and a fire on the Dresden-Laubegast ship yard. After repair it sailed from 1946 to 30 April 1974 for the VEB Deutsche Binnenreederei of the GDR.
In December 1974 because of the flood the SD Wuerttemberg was dragged to the Elbwiesen Stadthalle Magdeburg on the Rotenhorninsel. Then a change followed to the museum. Also a restaurant it was made to.
After the flood 2002, it was damaged internal by the water, the museum ship and the restaurant (after complete interior change) was opened again in October 2006.