|The North Gate (danish: N°rreport, deutsch: Nordertor).|
Flensburg had several gates to enter the city, today only two remains, this one and the Kompagnie Gate at the harbour. The other were demolished in the 19th. century.
The North Gate was build 1595, on the front side is the coat of arms of the city of Flensburg and the danish King Christian VII.
Until 1795 it was not allowed to build outside the gate.
Topday the building houses a "blind" cafe connected to the Phńnomenta next to the gate. The cafe is showing how it is for blind people to go and dine or visiting bars/cafe's.
The guests are lead to their table by blind people who will serve them when they have their coffee or tea and eat their cake in completely darkness.