|The Bayard was used as a coaling ship for the whaling station. Bayard lost its mooring at the coaling pier on the northern side during a severe gale on 6 June 1911. Blown onto the rocks on the southern side and holed. |
Built in 1864 by T. Vernon and Son, Liverpool, she is 67 metres long and displaced 1335 tons.