|This cemetery is also known as Waldfriedhof. It is one of the biggest war cemeteries in Germany, with 22,500 burials.|
The cemetery started in 1953 when graves from the surroundings of Halbe were brought together on this place. Still graves were brought to this cemetery, for example 170 graves in 1993.
Most burials are soldiers or members of the so-called Volkssturm who were killed in the Kessel-battle. There are also graves of Russian forced labourers. On the right side are mass graves with 4600 casualties of the Stalinistic camp Ketschendorf.