|John F. Kennedy Stadium (formally Philadelphia Municipal Stadium) was an open-air stadium in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania that stood from 1926 to 1992. The South Philadelphia stadium was situated on the east side of the far southern end of Broad Street at a location that is now part of the South Philadelphia Sports Complex. Designed by the architectural firm of Simon & Simon in a classic 1920s style with a horseshoe seating design that surrounded a track and football field, at its peak the facility seated in excess of 102,000 people. Bleachers were later added at the open (North) end. Each section of the main portion of the stadium contained its own entrance, which displayed the letters of each section above the entrance, in a nod to ancient Roman stadia. Section designators were divided at the south end of the stadium (the bottom of the "U" shape) between West and East, starting with Sections WA and EA and proceeding north. The north bleachers started with Section NA.|
The field was 110 feet (34 m) wide and 307 feet (94 m) long. It was built of concrete, stone, and brick on a 13.5-acre (55,000 m2) tract.