|A triple building stands on this site: |
1)The old fortress = Robert II, Count de Dreux and of Braine, husband of Yolande de Coucy, starts to build the fortress in 1206. This fortress stands on an artificial fully stone paved hill.
2)The new residence = Built by the Constable Anne de Montmorency in 1539. This work transforms the fortress into more pleasant residence.
3)The "bridge" = Another remarkable feature of the castle of Fère is its bridge gallery built in 1555 per Jean Bullant to join both castles on the order of the Constable. This gallery on which floor was richly decorated and used for the receptions.