|West Norwood Cemetery is a cemetery in West Norwood, Lambeth, London. Originally called the "South Metropolitan Cemetery", it was opened in 1837 as the cemeteries of Southwark and Lambeth began to fill up. Architect William Tite was a director of the cemetery company and designed the site's landscaping.|
The cemetery contains 65 Grade II and Grade II* listed monuments.
Sugar magnate and founder of London's Tate Gallery Sir Henry Tate, Victorian cookery writer Mrs Beeton, pottery manufacturer Sir Henry Doulton, Baptist preacher Charles Spurgeon and inventor of the automatic machine gun Sir Hiram Maxim are all buried in the cemetery.