|Ole Olsen, The founder of the first filmstudio in the world in Copenhagen, was buried here with his wife after he was cremated 1943, his wifes urn 1936. The urns with the remains of their children are placed here too.|
Ole Olsen was allowed together with archeologists from the danish national museum to excavate a bronzeage hill next to the grave here. As thank he was allowed to make his gravesite in this hill.
The graves inside is a dome of concrete with glas tiles in the ceiling to give light in the chamber.
The walls inside are covered with glass mosaique, 72m2, showing the bridge of Little Belt, a high speed train, a car, a steam ship and the radiostation of Skamlebaek west of the grave. Also a portrait of Ole Olsen and his wife Anna.
At the entrance are paintings of Dragsholm Castle and the church of Vallekilde where his parents are buried.
On the ceiling are painted two men with a piece of film and a camera, a family gathered around the radio, a pilot at his plane and men of science in a lab.
Along the wall is the altar with the urns and below the altar is written in danish: Ole Olsen gave himself and his wife this grave in hill from ancient times and closed his time until alltime that passed. Man disengaged him from the Earth, sound was released. Pictures became lifelike and the core of things were seeked. Our time, flying,the film, the radio and the time of nuclear explotions.
It also contains some of his art collection.
Outside are stairs leading to the top of the hill.
The grave is protected by a bronce door with the sign of the film company Nordisk Film, the polar bear on the door handle, on it and a fence around the hill.
The grave will be remained closed until his 200th day of death, 2143.
The photos shows the inside of the grave and the burial of his wife in the hill.
From homepage of stories of Odsherred