|Serial: 44-85583 Withdrawn from service in 1968|
In 1951, Brazil was supplied with thirteen B-17s under the provisions of the 1947 Rio Pact. Six were transferred in 1951, five of which were SB-17Gs and the sixth was an RB-17G. Seven more were transferred in 1954-55. They were issued to the 1o and 2o Esquadraos of 6o Grupo de Aviacao based at Recife. All of these planes were used for search and rescue duties or for photographic reconnaissance. In 1955, the survivors were assigned Forca Aerea Brasiliera serial numbers between 5400 and 5411. These planes were all withdrawn from service in the mid- to late-1960s. Three of these planes have survived, two of them on display in museums and a third in storage.