|This is set on a steep hill overlooking the sea, the 4 guns (2 in 1941, 1 in 1942, 4th post-war) in a line stepped one above the other. A defended barracks and stores was set in a hollow behind the hill, giving underground tunnel access to the fire control tower and all four gun positions. |
The guns had been sealed in their emplacements with concrete so all one could see from the outside was the barrels sticking out of a grey wall. These emplacements were excavated in the rock, with concrete bunkers for overhead protection, and ammunition storage behind each gun.