|Western end of the Island, first built up in 1898-99 as a defensive position protecting Long Island Sound and armed with two 12 inch and two 10 inch "rifles" on disappearing carriages. |
Operational during WW2 with a small airfield. Linked with Fort Terry, Fort Michie which were sub-posts, and Camp Hero. Closed in the late 1950s and sold to private interests.