|The noble and ancient family of Lambertye (Lambertie) gave its name to a considerable castle located in the municipality of Miallet. The first castle was built in the XIIIth century and the actual one is from XVth and XVIth.It was the object of an important restoration in the XIXth.|
Rebuilt three times, it was burned first time by the English under Charles VI (1380-1422), second time in 1569 by the admiral of Coligny during the confusions of the Reformation.
All the titles and certificates contained in this castle were consumed there. These facts are recognized by the letters of patent which king Charles IX granted on May 21st, 1571 to Francois de Lambertie.
This House is known in Perigord from 1119. Its proved filiation dates back to Pierre de Lambertie, equerry, who appears on a document in 1405. He had a son: Jean de Lambertie from Catherine de Farges. This one married Jeanne Vigier de la Mothe, and had from her: Franšois, equerry, Lord of Lambertie, married by 1480 to Marguerite de Maulmont. Those were the parents of Raymond and Francois, authors of two great branches of the House.
They were maintained in their nobility in 17th century and their proud motto proud was "Fais le bien, advienne que pourra" ("Do good, come what may")