|Two Airbus A310 MRTT at Köln-Bonn Airport.|
The A310-300 MRTT is a multi-role tanker and transport aircraft based on the civil A310-300. Modifications include:
* a side cargo door
* up to five additional fuel tanks in the cargo bays, with a maximum of 36000 litres fuel. The A310 MRTTs of the Luftwaffe use four MCTs, each holding 5700 litres.
* a fuel operator station behind the cockpit
* 2 x Flight Refuelling Mk32B-907 refuelling pods under the outer wings, providing a flow of 1500 litres (420 US Gal) per minute each. The drogue has a length of 75 ft.
* changes to the fuel system
* receiver surveillance system
* tanker lighting, including airframe illumination, infrared floodlight, formation lights and encoding beacon
* tanker marking with stripes