|Aerial view of Dodge City AAF while under construction in 1943. |
Dodge City AAF was located 6 miles northwest of the town of Dodge City. The Army Airfield was built in 1942 for the 70,000 Pilot Training Program, to train pilots & crews of medium bombers, primarily B-25s.
Dodge City was also used during WW2 to train French aircrews.