|The German Resistance Memorial Center is located in the Bendler Block in Berlin’s Mitte district, at the historic site of the attempted coup of July 20, 1944. On July 20, 1952, on the initiative of relatives of the resistance fighters of July 20, 1944, Eva Olbricht, widow of General Friedrich Olbricht, laid the cornerstone for a memorial in the courtyard of the Bendler Block. |
The wing of the building complex along the Landwehrkanal has been the Berlin office of the German Federal Ministry of Defense since 1993. Since 1992, the German Resistance Memorial Center has expanded beyond the commemorative courtyard and the permanent exhibition and has acquired further space for temporary exhibitions in the first upper floor on Stauffenbergstrasse.