|Clock Tower, V & A Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa|
Situated near the site of the original Bertie's Landing Restaurant, the Victorian Gothic-style Clock Tower has always been an icon of the old docks and has become an important focal point in the Waterfront's recent urban design. This was the original Port Captain's Office completed in 1882. On the second floor is a decorative mirror room, which enabled the Port Captain to have a view of all activities in the harbour. On the bottom floor is a tide-gouge mechanism used to check the level of the tide. Restoration of the Clock Tower was completed towards the end of 1997.