|Built in XVIIth century, The old castle was pulled down in 1764 and a new one was erected and doubled in size at the same place in 1782.|
This new castle was pulled down again at the end of XIXth century and the place was forgotten for a while.
It then revived when a 3rd castle was built just nearby in 1849 for duke of Uzés by architects Froelicher and Clément Parent. This new place was very well known for having been the home of Duchess of Uzés from the end of XIXth century until her death in 1933. She was organizing there renowned stag-hunting and her stag crew was the finest of the country.
Included in the regional natural park of Yvelines, this splendid castle is now abandonned and slowly falling into decay.