|The well-preserved battery site lies on a hill and is thereby highly visible. The battery is placed on a hilltop just opposite the village of T°rring. |
The site measures ca. 250 m west-east. The main elements of the site are the four Regelbau 669, which lie in a curved line with embrasures pointing to the north. The two easternmost bunkers are totally visible from all sides, as they were camouflaged as houses. In contrast, the outlines of the two westernmost bunkers are camouflaged by earth. Behind the easternmost bunker an open concrete emplacement with a concrete track leading to the bunker is still preserved. It must be presumed that similar firing positions existed for the rest of the guns. Also behind the Regelbau 669 the remains of some thin-walled bunkers for the gun crews can still be found.
The battery site lies on a hill top, ca. 25 m above sea level. The site lies ca. 200 m to the west of the village of Underbjerg (small detached houses). The entire battery site is farm land which is ploughed. Therefore, earthen field fortifications have not been preserved. Generally the strongpoint is well-preserved, as all of the permanent bunkers are still intact and accessible.
However, the battery lies in farmland, and therefore earthen field fortifications have not been preserved. Also most of the smaller and less thick-walled bunkers have been demolished. The strongpoint was established in January, 1944 when an army coastal battery was emplaced on the spot. Construction of the four gun bunkers started in the spring of 1944; the first was poured in June, the last in November.
The establishment of the strongpoint at T°rring was due to the strengthening of the coastal defences along the Danish west coast beginning at the end of 1943. Thus, in January, 1944 the army coastal artillery in Denmark was strengthened with nine batteries with 12.2 cm Russian field guns, two batteries of 19.4 cm French guns, and one 15 cm German K 39 battery. The battery at T°rring was supposed to strengthen the defence of the western entrance of the Limfjord. Only two of the new army coastal batteries were emplaced in bunkers of the type Regelbau 669. The strongpoint is privately owned.