|Croft circuit is situated in North Yorkshire.|
Crift began it's life in the 1920's but it was not untill after the war that it really became a racing circuit like so many ex war bases and airfields. After World War II it was set to be an Aero club when the lease was aquired for it in 1947, but this venture didn't "take off".
After the Aero club closed down drivers would come onto the track to make use of the track.
In 1962 half the airfield was baught at auction by Bruce Ropner and some of his motor racing friends. He was granted permission to create a racing circuit on the land and in 1964 the Croft circuit was completed.
The first race at Croft was on 3rd August 1964.
In 1997 the Croft circuit was extended and developed with a £1.5 million investment.