|This bell tower is the remains of the church of the village Alt Graun (Curon Antica).|
The village was abandoned 1953 and demolished when the dam at Resia was completed and the new lake Rechensee (Lago di Resia was made.
But all began 1939 when the fascist government changed the water level by 17 meters without asking the citisens or having prooved it by law. They even didn't recieve any compensation from the state.
It was all for the country and national industry as the fascist government called it.
Photos from today and before (in german):