|1893, when the southern part of Denmark was german territory from 1864 until 1920, the german residents of the area bought this hill near Aabenraa. It was at that time 93 meters high and one of the highest points in the area.|
1895 a huge memorial for the german Chancellor Bismark was errected. It stood here until the 16th august 1945 when it was blown away. 1955 the remains where taken away and only the plinthwere kept but covered in soil. That way the hill became 100 meters high.
Today the germans still hold annual meetings here and the germans are well integrated in the danish community.