|This school was used from 1784 to 1874and had, at times, as many as 40 students. The teacher was allways a retired sea captain who was paiddirectly by the parents of the students.|
Besides his salary he also recieved his meals which he at at the homes of the students.
The students also had jobs to do in the schoolbuilding. The girls had to clean the classroomand the boys was responsible for the fireplace was lit.