|This heavy anti-aircraft battery is situated in a field just above the beach, on the E side of the B842 public road, N of Campbeltown. Four brick and concrete gun-emplacements, a command position survive with one other building stepped up the bank towards the road.|
No records have yet been found describing any armament for this Battery, it is possible that it was built as late as the 1950s.
This battery was built between 1940-41 by the Pioneer Corps who were also involved in the construction of Machrihanish Airfield. The battery was never armed.